Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Fitness App is not getting an information from iWatch.

It happened yesterday, around midday, when any calories / exercise information does not appear in Fitness App anymore. The strange thing about it is that it is not a synchronization issue:

• I can see that data leaves watch and lands in Health App - calories are counted, exercise minutes are also available in Health app.
  • I can see the same data in Google Fit broken down by hours
  • When I go to Fitness App, there is no data in there since mid last day

I tried all the regular actions - updated WatchOS (there was version 8.0 available), rebooted watch, rebooted phone, did Airplane / Bluetooth on/off thing - nothing helped.

I didn't try unpairing the watch completely and pairing it back again - I wouldn't want to lose my 700+ days streak, though maybe I already lost it. Don't know. On the other hand data seems to be safely in the Health app, so unpairing watch and pairing it back should not erase data.

Did anybody have same experience?

P.S. It's actually about iPhone 13 mini, somehow it is still not on the list of devices in this forum.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 3:43 AM

Thanks for the response.

I'll sum up what happened and how it all ended:

I decided that as I could see data propagating to other apps, unpairing and re-pairing watch should not make much harm, so I did that. After pairing watch, Activity app on the iPhone won and my activity (calories, stands, exercise) data was erased for two previous days. It looked strange, as for one of the days I had 9km walk and 10 active calories total for the day.

I was very sad, because that meant that I lost my 740 days move streak

I contacted Apple Support through chat. Agent on chat said that I could also try to recalibrate my watch calories counter, I didn't get into how to do it, because it was already too late, but he said that it might have helped in this situation. Maybe not.

Also agent said that he is sorry, but nothing can be done about my streak anymore and he apologizes on behalf of Apple.

I know it is a little silly, but I felt like I don't want to close any circles or try to achieve any goals on the watch any more.

After some thinking I put my iPhone into airplane mode, changed time to two days before and started working on my Activity circles. After a few hours I was able to "recreate" the whole history for two days I was missing. So in the end I was able to overcome Apple's bug and now I continue to have my streak and everything goes like nothing happened.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 3:43 AM in response to MVegas21

Thanks for the response.

I'll sum up what happened and how it all ended:

I decided that as I could see data propagating to other apps, unpairing and re-pairing watch should not make much harm, so I did that. After pairing watch, Activity app on the iPhone won and my activity (calories, stands, exercise) data was erased for two previous days. It looked strange, as for one of the days I had 9km walk and 10 active calories total for the day.

I was very sad, because that meant that I lost my 740 days move streak

I contacted Apple Support through chat. Agent on chat said that I could also try to recalibrate my watch calories counter, I didn't get into how to do it, because it was already too late, but he said that it might have helped in this situation. Maybe not.

Also agent said that he is sorry, but nothing can be done about my streak anymore and he apologizes on behalf of Apple.

I know it is a little silly, but I felt like I don't want to close any circles or try to achieve any goals on the watch any more.

After some thinking I put my iPhone into airplane mode, changed time to two days before and started working on my Activity circles. After a few hours I was able to "recreate" the whole history for two days I was missing. So in the end I was able to overcome Apple's bug and now I continue to have my streak and everything goes like nothing happened.

Sep 29, 2021 8:46 AM in response to stanislav157

Hi stanislav157,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand that the Fitness app isn't working as expected, so we'd like to share some information with you. You've done some great troubleshooting so far. The next step would be to Unpair and erase your Apple Watch. As explained in step 7 of the article, "Before erasing all content and settings on your Apple Watch, your iPhone creates a new backup of your Apple Watch". After you've unpaired your Apple Watch and iPhone, pair them again, and test the Fitness app. 

Reply to this message if you need more help. 

Take care.

Oct 1, 2021 10:35 AM in response to Community User

Just a few more words then, I am not sure that this is required to succeed, but I still did it when it worked:

• Airflight mode might not be necessary, but I had situation when watch refused to count any calories when time was off. Going to airflight mode and rebooting phone helped.

• It is very important to go over midnight "naturally". It means setting time to 23:59 and waiting for day to end - checking Activity App in the meantime. When new day starts, Activity app saves previous day (or it seems so) and do not act weird if you change time again. When I didn't follow this rule, I had situations when activity records went off the moment I moved time to the next day.

I hope that Apple Engineers will not see it as "cheating that they need to fight". Obviously if you have some kind of bet/wager based on Acitivity data, it is not nice. But for most people who do it for themselves, this is a good way out of bugs and other issues, even if requires some patience. In the end you always know if you cheated to make an achievement, and if it was justifiable (fixing bug) or not.

Oct 1, 2021 9:51 AM in response to stanislav157

You must have the patience of a saint,If it's ok with you I will share this thread because we get a lot of people on here that lose their streaks and can't get them back.

Nice to know there is a way to do it.

Good luck and I hope you don't have to repeat the process in the future.

Oct 1, 2021 5:03 AM in response to stanislav157

So you turned the clock back 2 days then did a workout each day to close your rings then put the clock back to present time,is that correct?.

My Fitness App is not getting an information from iWatch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.