Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally deleted Facebook icon

I inadvertently deleted the Facebook icon from my Home Screen. I did not delete the app. When I go to the App Store I only have an “Open” option. How do I get the icon back or delete the app so I can reinstall?

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 8:02 AM

From your Home Screen, swipe left until you get to the App Library.

Swipe downward and you'll get an alphabetical list of your apps.

Locate the app in the list or type the app name into the search field

Once you've located the app, tap/hold until it raises/selects, then drag it and it'll pop out to your Home Screen

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 8:02 AM in response to LuckyDuck2021

From your Home Screen, swipe left until you get to the App Library.

Swipe downward and you'll get an alphabetical list of your apps.

Locate the app in the list or type the app name into the search field

Once you've located the app, tap/hold until it raises/selects, then drag it and it'll pop out to your Home Screen

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

Jan 29, 2021 11:40 PM in response to LuckyDuck2021

LuckyDuck2021 Said:

"Accidentally deleted Facebook icon: I inadvertently deleted the Facebook icon from my Home Screen. I did not delete the app. When I go to the App Store I only have an “Open” option. How do I get the icon back or delete the app so I can reinstall?"

-------

Adding this Widget Back:

Swipe your finder to the farthest-left Home Screen. Then, tap Edit. Select FaceBook from there, bay making it green. Then, tap Done

Screenshot of Edit Button:

Jan 30, 2021 7:57 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

No I didn’t move it. When I clicked and held, I had an option to “remove from home screeen” along with “remove app” in the menu pop up. I selected remove from screen instead of remove app. Now I can’t get it back and in the App Store it only has the Open option. So, I need to know how to reverse what I did or remove the app from my phone so that I can redownload.

Accidentally deleted Facebook icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.