Lost app

I removed an app from my home screen. I want to get the icon back so I can permanently delete it. When I search for it in my App Library and find it I can only open the app not get the icon back.

help!!

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 7:30 AM

When you touch and hold the App in the App Library, do you get the option to "Add to Home Screen"? If that option does not come up, then it is already on one of your Home Screens. You should also have the option to Delete the app from the App Library.

What options come up when you touch and hold on the App after searching for it?

Note: When searching for the App, you do have to Touch and Hold on the Icon of the App for the options to come up. If you just Touch and Hold on the name, then no options will come up.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2023 7:30 AM in response to Tmbfu

When you touch and hold the App in the App Library, do you get the option to "Add to Home Screen"? If that option does not come up, then it is already on one of your Home Screens. You should also have the option to Delete the app from the App Library.

What options come up when you touch and hold on the App after searching for it?

Note: When searching for the App, you do have to Touch and Hold on the Icon of the App for the options to come up. If you just Touch and Hold on the name, then no options will come up.

Lost app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.