Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gatekeeper / Terminal Error Message objc[7234]. How to fix it?

Hi, I keep getting this error message in Terminal. How can I fix it? Thank you in advance.

objc[7234]: Class SPExecutionPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[7234]: Class AppWrapper is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[7234]: Class AppWrapperPolicyResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[7234]: Class AppWrapperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[7234]: Class SPLog is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[7234]: Class MIS is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[7234]: Class SPExecutionHistoryItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[7234]: Class SPExecutionPolicyItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[7234]: Class SPDeveloperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[7234]: Class GKScanResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Appreciate everyone's help.

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 11:47 AM

First, digging in console logs without a completely-specific item you are looking for is the path to madness.

Second, Don't bypass the protections, whatever MacWorld says. If you would like to install an item NOT from a registered developer, DON'T go poke around in Terminal.

Use this article, which (if you read carefully) shows TWO different methods for authorizing ONE item at a time of unregistered developer software on a case-by-case basis: one in the main line, and [my preference] one in the Notes:

Open a Mac app from an unidentified developer - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 11:47 AM in response to jediwez

First, digging in console logs without a completely-specific item you are looking for is the path to madness.

Second, Don't bypass the protections, whatever MacWorld says. If you would like to install an item NOT from a registered developer, DON'T go poke around in Terminal.

Use this article, which (if you read carefully) shows TWO different methods for authorizing ONE item at a time of unregistered developer software on a case-by-case basis: one in the main line, and [my preference] one in the Notes:

Open a Mac app from an unidentified developer - Apple Support

Jan 30, 2021 12:05 PM in response to jediwez

jediwez wrote:

Hi leroydouglas,

I was trying to open the Anywhere option from Gatekeeper in order to open apps not from Mac App Store. I was following this guide to open a Mac app from an unidentified developer.

So I open Terminal and enter the following code to get the Anywhere option,
sudo spctl --master-disable

but doesn't seem to enable the option in System Preferences. So how can I enable "Allow apps downloaded from Anywhere" via Terminal? I am using the latest macOS Big Sur Ver 11.1

When I tried to check the status on Terminal using the command;
 % spctl —status

Hmm. First let me say there are more generic ways to allow installations locally—

ref: Open a Mac app from an unidentified developer - Apple Support

I can verify Big Sur macOS 11.1 using the zsh, I see no issue with the command line.

—Verify you are admin

—relevant or not I unlocked the pad lock in Sys Pref before I tested...

—Verify you are not using some rich txt or some such, as a test, you can copy & paste:

spctl --status

for more information, no matter what you should be able to read the man page, copy and paste:

man spctl | more

please advise

Jan 30, 2021 9:10 AM in response to jediwez

jediwez wrote:

Hi, I keep getting this error message in Terminal. How can I fix it? Thank you in advance.

objc[7234]: Class SPExecutionPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[7234]: Class AppWrapper is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[7234]: Class AppWrapperPolicyResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[7234]: Class AppWrapperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[7234]: Class SPLog is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[7234]: Class MIS is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[7234]: Class SPExecutionHistoryItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[7234]: Class SPExecutionPolicyItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[7234]: Class SPDeveloperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[7234]: Class GKScanResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Appreciate everyone's help.

What is the context here...?

What are you trying to do in Terminal?

Jan 30, 2021 10:47 AM in response to leroydouglas

Hi leroydouglas,

I was trying to open the Anywhere option from Gatekeeper in order to open apps not from Mac App Store. I was following this guide to open a Mac app from an unidentified developer.

So I open Terminal and enter the following code to get the Anywhere option,

but doesn't seem to enable the option in System Preferences. So how can I enable "Allow apps downloaded from Anywhere" via Terminal? I am using the latest macOS Big Sur Ver 11.1

When I tried to check the status on Terminal using the command;

% spctl —status

It churns out another different log code.

objc[9428]: Class SPExecutionPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[9428]: Class AppWrapper is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[9428]: Class AppWrapperPolicyResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[9428]: Class AppWrapperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[9428]: Class SPLog is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[9428]: Class MIS is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[9428]: Class SPExecutionHistoryItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[9428]: Class SPExecutionPolicyItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[9428]: Class SPDeveloperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[9428]: Class GKScanResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Need help. Thanks.

Gatekeeper / Terminal Error Message objc[7234]. How to fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.