Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes backup

I have backed up my Iphone 11 using Itunes. Itunes acts like normal. No errors.

When I look for backup in windows folder User/Name/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/MobileSync/Backup, there is nothing there.

Windows is set to show hidden items.

When I check my C drive, free space, it does not change between before and after backup indicating back up did not take place., and yet as said before, no errors during backup.

Has Anyone seen this before. Iphone asks to trust PC and I say yes.

Using latest windows Itunes 12.11.0.26.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 5:28 AM

See Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. There are two possible locations for the backup data. Which is in use depends on whether iTunes was installed using the Microsoft Store or not. Assuming the device has backed up before an incremental update to the rolling backup might not affect your free space. See Archive iPhone backup in Windows - Apple Community for some background.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 5:28 AM in response to wannasurfnow

See Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. There are two possible locations for the backup data. Which is in use depends on whether iTunes was installed using the Microsoft Store or not. Assuming the device has backed up before an incremental update to the rolling backup might not affect your free space. See Archive iPhone backup in Windows - Apple Community for some background.

tt2

Itunes backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.