Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Default screen in Notes has changed to Files selection page?

Does anyone know how to change the default page when opening Notes?

I usually close the Notes app when not using it, worked perfectly with the default opening screen with the notes already created and already in use under iCloud default Notes file, and for some cases I can even go straight to where I have been last time when using Notes before closing the Notes app when opening the Notes app again for example 2-3 hours later or even overnight.

Suddenly today when opening the Notes the default screen reverts to Files selection screen (with drop downs of iCloud, My iPhone and my email address [might be the one generated with the Outlook app]) and now when I restart the app I got the default page of Files panel.

Not pretty sure if this is a new feature but don't know how this suddenly happens as I am still using iOS14.1.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 6:33 PM

Hey there hungsheng,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with the Notes app launching to the Files page, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

Do you experience this when opening the app from the App Switcher, or only after force closing the Notes app?

Also, restart your iPhone, and try launching the app again.

Thanks!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2021 6:33 PM in response to hungsheng

Hey there hungsheng,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with the Notes app launching to the Files page, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

Do you experience this when opening the app from the App Switcher, or only after force closing the Notes app?

Also, restart your iPhone, and try launching the app again.

Thanks!

Feb 2, 2021 8:17 AM in response to CarlAVII

Hi Carl

I was encountering this after force closing the Notes app.

But suddenly something strange did happened later as it looks like it's fixed itself after restarting my iPhone, thought for the first a few attempts for trying I still got the same result after force closing.

However everything seems becoming normal as I used to see- after force closing the Notes app and launching it later I am rightly on where I have last been (last edited area).

So I shall call this issue resolved!

Thanks again!

Default screen in Notes has changed to Files selection page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.