Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s battery replacement

I disassembled my 5s in 2017 and installed a new battery it is trash holds 4 hours at idle can I bring it to an Apple store for replacement?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 9:43 AM

I disassembled my 5s in 2017 and installed a new battery...

Based on past reports here, Apple may not work on it because you have already attempted a repair. You may be able to find an independent service provider who with do the repair if Apple will not.

Taking it to an Apple Store is not a good option right now. State and local COVID regulations have some stores closed and others on limited hours or occupancy. Word in these forums is that appointments can be months out in many stores as a result. This Apple article on iPhone repair shows other and better options, assuming Apple agrees to touch it.

iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

Again, they may take one look and send it back if your efforts to replace the battery are evident (diddled parts; an obvious aftermarket battery; etc)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 9:43 AM in response to The_Hackintosh

I disassembled my 5s in 2017 and installed a new battery...

Based on past reports here, Apple may not work on it because you have already attempted a repair. You may be able to find an independent service provider who with do the repair if Apple will not.

Taking it to an Apple Store is not a good option right now. State and local COVID regulations have some stores closed and others on limited hours or occupancy. Word in these forums is that appointments can be months out in many stores as a result. This Apple article on iPhone repair shows other and better options, assuming Apple agrees to touch it.

iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

Again, they may take one look and send it back if your efforts to replace the battery are evident (diddled parts; an obvious aftermarket battery; etc)

iPhone 5s battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.