Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I respond through email

I recently joined Apple support communities, and I have it so I can receive emails from those who need support, is there any way I can respond to users who need support through the email so that way I don’t have to open Safari, sign in and click on links.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 1:13 PM

No. For privacy reasons everything is handled within the forums. Email addresses and phone numbers posted are redacted almost as soon as they appear.

The other reason that we end users work within this open setting is that a question that User A posts can indirectly help Users B to Z who came here with a similar need. That is "community" at work. Help others.

You may find third-party Apple user sites that allow private messaging or other contact outside the forum confines, but Apple have not provided that feature here, again, largely for privacy and security concerns, as well as building the general knowledge base.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 1:13 PM in response to Community User

No. For privacy reasons everything is handled within the forums. Email addresses and phone numbers posted are redacted almost as soon as they appear.

The other reason that we end users work within this open setting is that a question that User A posts can indirectly help Users B to Z who came here with a similar need. That is "community" at work. Help others.

You may find third-party Apple user sites that allow private messaging or other contact outside the forum confines, but Apple have not provided that feature here, again, largely for privacy and security concerns, as well as building the general knowledge base.

Can I respond through email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.