Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cursor disappears while typing notes in osx contacts

When typing in the "note" field of an OSX Contact, IF one pauses for 5-6 seconds, the cursor disapears.

I recently upgraded to an Mac mini M1 with macOS Big Sur from a 10 year old Mac mini.

Years ago this was not an issue. Then a couple years ago or so this issue started and it is driving me mad. Sometimes the notes you type disapear as well.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 10:28 AM

I spent considerable time recently on the phone with a higher Tier apple support rep on this issue.

She went from thinking it was normal to sharing the issue, is known, and has been sent to engineering to be looked at once, if ever, enough complaints catch the attention of what ever department would be able to correct this issue.

The BEST news she discovered while trying to help me is you can press the Edit button on the bottom right of the Contact you are entering notes in and the curser will then NOT disappear.

This is a hassle but is WAY better than the not having this "solution" in your virtual tool box when entering notes in the Contact note field.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 10:28 AM in response to Terms_and_Conditions

I spent considerable time recently on the phone with a higher Tier apple support rep on this issue.

She went from thinking it was normal to sharing the issue, is known, and has been sent to engineering to be looked at once, if ever, enough complaints catch the attention of what ever department would be able to correct this issue.

The BEST news she discovered while trying to help me is you can press the Edit button on the bottom right of the Contact you are entering notes in and the curser will then NOT disappear.

This is a hassle but is WAY better than the not having this "solution" in your virtual tool box when entering notes in the Contact note field.

cursor disappears while typing notes in osx contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.