Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought 200gb of storage space on my iPhone 6s that’s 60gb , but still I’m having problems with my space on my phone. How do I upload all the necessary data to iCloud In order for me to free up the space in my phone

Please assist me

I bought 200gb of storage space on my iPhone 6s that’s 60gb , but still I’m having problems with my space on my phone. How do I upload all the necessary data to iCloud In order for me to free up the space in my phone

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 11:15 AM

iCloud storage can only help with a shortage of storage on a device in a limited way. See information in What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support including the following:

Free up space on your device

Using the steps above, you might see a list of recommendations for optimizing your device storage, followed by a list of installed apps and the amount of storage each one uses. Tap an app's name for more information about its storage. If you don't see any recommendations, try these steps:

• If you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage, you can lower the amount of storage that your photos use on your device. 
  • You can remove content from your apps like photos, music, and podcasts. 
  • You can delete apps that you're no longer using.

Learn more about how to optimize the storage on your iOS or iPadOS device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 11:15 AM in response to xolile_shakespeare

iCloud storage can only help with a shortage of storage on a device in a limited way. See information in What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support including the following:

Free up space on your device

Using the steps above, you might see a list of recommendations for optimizing your device storage, followed by a list of installed apps and the amount of storage each one uses. Tap an app's name for more information about its storage. If you don't see any recommendations, try these steps:

• If you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage, you can lower the amount of storage that your photos use on your device. 
  • You can remove content from your apps like photos, music, and podcasts. 
  • You can delete apps that you're no longer using.

Learn more about how to optimize the storage on your iOS or iPadOS device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.