Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music: clicking into menus in Songs view doesn't allow for within-menu scrolling, sorting, or other keyboard actions

The problem - since recent Music upgrades I can no longer use my keyboard scroll within the detailed R side Songs view whenever the L sidebar menu is highlighted, but I also don't know how to un-highlight the L sidebar selection. See screenshot:

Note that this happens either with the Songs library or with individual playlists.

Sometimes its not an issue as i can be in the R side menu without the L side highlight, but the path to get there has been hard to reproduce.

Possible solution - can someone explain how to unselect the L side menu? if you mouse out of Apple Music and onto another program the L side menu is unselected but both highlight when you take an action

I have used Itunes, and then Apple Music, for 15 years so this is definitely yet another frustrating change. The worst part is when I attempt to Delete a song with the Delete key, i have mistakenly deleted 3 playlists curated over years.

I'm on a new Macbook Pro w Big Sur 11.1, using Apple Music 1.1.2.28. I think this issue started with the recent release of Music that changed the menu colors to highlight in red - this might have been the first Big Sur version (I had an older mac that had just upgraded to Big Sur before I swapped it with this one and I think the issue was happening on that mac as well)

thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 12:25 PM

Hi CBiscuit99,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are attempting to navigate Music using keyboard shortcuts, but focus is sometimes unexpectedly given to the sidebar instead of the Songs view.

Does pressing the tab key allow you to navigate to your selected song?

Additionally, you may find other helpful keyboard shortcuts here: Keyboard shortcuts in Music on Mac

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 12:25 PM in response to CBiscuit99

Hi CBiscuit99,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are attempting to navigate Music using keyboard shortcuts, but focus is sometimes unexpectedly given to the sidebar instead of the Songs view.

Does pressing the tab key allow you to navigate to your selected song?

Additionally, you may find other helpful keyboard shortcuts here: Keyboard shortcuts in Music on Mac

Cheers!

Apple Music: clicking into menus in Songs view doesn't allow for within-menu scrolling, sorting, or other keyboard actions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.