Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Silent switch

The silent switch at the side of my phone won’t move. I tried to switch to mute and it moves but won’t stay on that side but instead goes back so I can’t switch to mute. Is the switch broken?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 11:19 AM

It would sound like it may be. Do you have a case on the phone? If so, it may be interfering with the operation of the switch. If not, you would need to contact Apple Support for service on the device. You can use the Contact Support link at the top of the page here, or if you have an open Apple Store nearby, you can make a Genius Bar appointment.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 11:19 AM in response to Megant_

It would sound like it may be. Do you have a case on the phone? If so, it may be interfering with the operation of the switch. If not, you would need to contact Apple Support for service on the device. You can use the Contact Support link at the top of the page here, or if you have an open Apple Store nearby, you can make a Genius Bar appointment.

Silent switch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.