Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I move a photo from my library to an album the photo remains in the library...can I delete the photo in the library but keep it in the album

is there a setting in photos so that when I move a photo from my library to an album the photo is deleted from my library?

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 12:42 PM

It is not possible to move photos to an album. You can only add photos to an album. A photo can be added to many albums without creating a duplicate and needing extra storage. Albums are just referencing the photos in the library, like index cards. Any photo is stored in the library only once, and the albums are build on top of the library.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 12:42 PM in response to rkue123

It is not possible to move photos to an album. You can only add photos to an album. A photo can be added to many albums without creating a duplicate and needing extra storage. Albums are just referencing the photos in the library, like index cards. Any photo is stored in the library only once, and the albums are build on top of the library.

when I move a photo from my library to an album the photo remains in the library...can I delete the photo in the library but keep it in the album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.