Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have not been able to clear any searches in Safari since updating to OS 14.4 on my iPad Air 4.

is anyone been unable to clear search history after updating to OS 14.4 ?

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 7:51 AM

Hello Martythedrummer,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with clearing your Safari search history on your iPad. We're happy to help.

When attempting to clear are you navigating to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data >Remove All Website Data, as outlined here?: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If so, let us know if the issue occurs after clearing this history when all open Safari tabs are closed, and the app is force closed. The guide here can help with closing tabs: Use tabs in Safari on iPad This article can assist with force closing the Safari app: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, do you sync Safari with any other devices using iCloud? You can check to see if this feature is on from your iPad by navigating to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Safari.

You can also test a normal restart of your iPad: Restart your iPad If the issue remains, let us know if it's data from a specific website, or all data.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 7:51 AM in response to Martythedrummer

Hello Martythedrummer,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with clearing your Safari search history on your iPad. We're happy to help.

When attempting to clear are you navigating to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data >Remove All Website Data, as outlined here?: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If so, let us know if the issue occurs after clearing this history when all open Safari tabs are closed, and the app is force closed. The guide here can help with closing tabs: Use tabs in Safari on iPad This article can assist with force closing the Safari app: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, do you sync Safari with any other devices using iCloud? You can check to see if this feature is on from your iPad by navigating to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Safari.

You can also test a normal restart of your iPad: Restart your iPad If the issue remains, let us know if it's data from a specific website, or all data.

Cheers!

I have not been able to clear any searches in Safari since updating to OS 14.4 on my iPad Air 4.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.