Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Ringtone

Has anyone else had problems with iPhone 11 randomly ringing, but it's not a phone call or alarm and only way to stop it ringing is to switch the phone off? The Ringing is a tone I never use and louder than my normal ring tones too. It happens really randomly even when I am no way near the phone...

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 8:34 AM

Hello ChahitJ07,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are experiencing an issue with your iPhone making an alert sound but you aren't getting any phone calls or alarms going off when this happens. We are happy to help take a look in to this with you.

Just to confirm, when this ringing happens, are there any sort of alerts or indicators on the screen that might display when this starts to happen? You can check the notification center after the ringing happens to see if there might be a notification displaying in relation to what this is:

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If there aren't any notifications showing, we'd like to ask a few additional questions to get a better understanding.

• When did you first notice this behavior start? Was it after any sort of change, update, or new app download to your iPhone?
  • What is the iOS version on your iPhone if you check in Settings > General > About?
  • Does your iPhone have any physical or liquid damage done to it that you are aware of?

Keep us updated on how it goes or if you have any questions. We hope this information helps.

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 8:34 AM in response to ChahitJ07

Hello ChahitJ07,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are experiencing an issue with your iPhone making an alert sound but you aren't getting any phone calls or alarms going off when this happens. We are happy to help take a look in to this with you.

Just to confirm, when this ringing happens, are there any sort of alerts or indicators on the screen that might display when this starts to happen? You can check the notification center after the ringing happens to see if there might be a notification displaying in relation to what this is:

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If there aren't any notifications showing, we'd like to ask a few additional questions to get a better understanding.

• When did you first notice this behavior start? Was it after any sort of change, update, or new app download to your iPhone?
  • What is the iOS version on your iPhone if you check in Settings > General > About?
  • Does your iPhone have any physical or liquid damage done to it that you are aware of?

Keep us updated on how it goes or if you have any questions. We hope this information helps.

Best Regards.

Feb 2, 2021 8:08 PM in response to SnickZ.

Hello SnickZ,

I have been facing this problem since a really long time(1-2yrs perhaps) on my iPhone 6. Recently I switched to a new phone and did not expect to see the same problem occur. I am not sure where the exact problem is but I just reset all my settings and since then I don’t seem to get that random ringtone. So my problem is solved but I am still not sure why it happened in the first place.

Thank you for your help.

Random Ringtone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.