Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which tool I can use ( built-in and paid version) when my MacBook running very slow ?

My MacBook Pro 2012 running very slow. I am curious to know what to do if I want to diagnose any issue with hard drive, ram, fan or other components are not functioning properly or need to replace ?

Thank you in advance.

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 11:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 12:11 AM

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies

Jan 31, 2021 3:56 AM in response to peaceofmind2020

peaceofmind2020 wrote:

My MacBook Pro 2012 running very slow. I am curious to know what to do if I want to diagnose any issue with hard drive, ram, fan or other components are not functioning properly or need to replace ?

Thank you in advance.

Diagnostic is limited to hardware issues...

To get a good look at your System configuration and reveal conflicts or issues, you can download/run this trusted utility https://etrecheck.com

(there is a free version to use, Full Disk access gives the best insightful results—no personal info is revealed here.)

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

Which tool I can use ( built-in and paid version) when my MacBook running very slow ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.