Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max won’t charge wirelessly

Ever since I purchased my iPhone 12 Pro Max it will not charge wirelessly. I would like to return my device with Apple given that I tried all fixes and this just doesn’t work. All of my wireless charging devices don’t work including my car, this has caused more of an inconvenience than any upgraded I could have gain from my iPhone 11 max pro. Apple take responsibility!

Apple.- won’t add the iPhone 12 to select as the issue as it will deter new sales, face it this device was poorly design and with lack of creativity.

fix it now

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 2:26 PM

I bought an iPhone 12 mini about four weeks ago. From the beginning it would only charge wirelessly after a fresh reboot. iOS 14.3 was supposed to fix it but it didn't for me.

For the last three nights though, I have successfully charged it wirelessly without a reboot (I don't know what made me try it again). Two of those nights were before upgrading to iOS 14.4 so it wasn't an update that caused the change. I don't know if this is just a temporarily reprieve and the problem will start happening again or if something fixed it. I'm really hoping it is fixed.

My husband's iPhone 12 has not had any issues with charging so it is not happening with all devices but there are enough complaints online to believe it is affecting a lot of iPhone 12s.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2021 2:26 PM in response to Mculp1980

I bought an iPhone 12 mini about four weeks ago. From the beginning it would only charge wirelessly after a fresh reboot. iOS 14.3 was supposed to fix it but it didn't for me.

For the last three nights though, I have successfully charged it wirelessly without a reboot (I don't know what made me try it again). Two of those nights were before upgrading to iOS 14.4 so it wasn't an update that caused the change. I don't know if this is just a temporarily reprieve and the problem will start happening again or if something fixed it. I'm really hoping it is fixed.

My husband's iPhone 12 has not had any issues with charging so it is not happening with all devices but there are enough complaints online to believe it is affecting a lot of iPhone 12s.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max won’t charge wirelessly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.