Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log into my Apple ID on my MAC

I am trying to sing in with my Apple ID on my MAC. I had to change the password but I am unable to sign in because it is sending me the six digit code to an iPhone I no longer own. I currently don't own any other apple products besides my MAC, so I use the two-factor authentication with my phone number. Even though I removed said iPhone from my account (on web browser), I still am unable to sign in. Once I type my ID and password it tells me that the code has been sent to my "trusted device", which should be my phone number, but I don't get a text (which I do get if I'm logging in through the icloud.com website). I am running on OS X Yosemite and will not be upgrading the OS, since I won't be able to use some software I have installed if I do. Anyone else had a similar problem? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 11:19 AM

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

2 replies

Feb 1, 2021 4:37 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric! Thanks for your reply but unfortunately no, it doesn't work. I had just done the account recovery procedure yesterday thinking it might help but no dice. The thing is that my mac seems to think that my iPhone is the trusted device even though it no longer exists (it was stolen so also no chance of knowing where it is lol). Thanks anyway for your time. Best!

Can't log into my Apple ID on my MAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.