Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen

Is it normal to see a black screen behind the white screen when you close it?

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 7:13 PM

Hey Jamaction,

Thanks for the follow-up info. What you are seeing is expected behavior for your device. As long as the screen doesn't go dark to the Apple logo or completely black out while powered on, you have no need for concern. We hope this helps you. Feel free to reach back out if you have any other questions.

Have a great day!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 7:13 PM in response to Jamaction

Hey Jamaction,

Thanks for the follow-up info. What you are seeing is expected behavior for your device. As long as the screen doesn't go dark to the Apple logo or completely black out while powered on, you have no need for concern. We hope this helps you. Feel free to reach back out if you have any other questions.

Have a great day!

Feb 2, 2021 5:30 PM in response to Jamaction

HI there Jamaction,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this concern you're having with the screen on your iPad. So we can clarify this further, we'll need a little background info. Does this screen appear only when the iPad is closed? Does the screen linger for any amount of time, or go away immediately? Do you ever see the Apple logo on this black screen, or is it blank?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards!

Feb 2, 2021 5:52 PM in response to CarlAVII

Hi thanks for the reply. The screen doesn’t go completely black it looks like a dark steel blue colour.It usually follows the white screen,on the outside when I go to close it with my fingers it has stayed there for a second complete then closed.I haven’t seen an apple logo but have seen the symbols in the top right hand to go to private etc. So was wandering if that is normal.

Black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.