Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find audio messaging on iphone since last update

I regularly use the audio messaging in Message on my iPhone SE2 but I have looked all over the app to use it since the last update and can't find it anywhere. Was it removed, or is my brain just not finding it?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 3:07 PM

Never mind. It took way too much time and energy searching to realize that the audio messaging option is only readily available in iMessage if the recipient also has an iPhone.

If the other recipient has an Android, one has to use the Voice Memo app and send it as an attachment in iMessage.

It would be great if phone companies can pull it together to make these better talk to each other, as there are menay of us who use this as a disability aid when texting/making written words is not an option.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2021 3:07 PM in response to MsLilithe

Never mind. It took way too much time and energy searching to realize that the audio messaging option is only readily available in iMessage if the recipient also has an iPhone.

If the other recipient has an Android, one has to use the Voice Memo app and send it as an attachment in iMessage.

It would be great if phone companies can pull it together to make these better talk to each other, as there are menay of us who use this as a disability aid when texting/making written words is not an option.

Can't find audio messaging on iphone since last update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.