Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I authorize a song on my PC's itunes?

There's an album that I downloaded a while back and every song plays except one. When I try to play it, it tells me that my computer is not authorized to play this song. I enter my ID and password and it says that my computer is reauthorized. However, it still will not play, saying that my device is not authorized. I go through the process multiple times but with no change. I cannot redownload the song or figure out a way around this. How can I figure a way around this glitch? Thanks.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 8:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 1:57 AM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2021 1:57 AM in response to Callicarpa

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

Why can't I authorize a song on my PC's itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.