Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is iPhone 12 camera so terrible?

Taking photos for social media is my business and I have always used my iPhone camera for 5 years. I loved the iPhone 11 Pro Max. I have had the new iPhone 12 for a week and so disappointed with the photo quality of my photos. Photos taken in the evening or at night are extremely blurry or have weird lights or lines in them. Using the portrait setting is totally different, than the 11 and you can’t select what you want as the focus by tapping the screen either. The photos the 12 produces are so realistic it is strange looking, it is not natural, it looks like people and objects are superimposed into a background. Does anyone know if there is better settings? Why I loved Apple was it was so easy and intuitive to take great photos. I am upset I spent the money on the Apple iPhone 12 and gave up the iPhone 11 Pro Max. Help!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 12:27 PM

Hello livinghollisstyle,

We understand that you're having some concerns related to your camera quality. In low light settings, are you using the Night mode? Here's details:

Use Night mode on your iPhone - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you! Let us know if that works any differently.

Similar questions

1 reply

Why is iPhone 12 camera so terrible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.