Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth audio issues Big Sur

My bluetooth headphones (Jaybird Vista) looses connection every 5 minute, or so. The error logs shows a lot of:

`mac bluetooth Too many outstanding packets`

I'm certain that the issue is with my MacBook Pro 2019 (Big Sur 11.1) because the headphones works with my iPhone other computers.

One weird thing that is worth mentioning is that the connection is stable when I'm in a call/video call in Slack or Zoom for example. But when I'm on YouTube or Spotify the connection is lost.

This is what I've tried so far:

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 8:31 AM

Howdy,

There's not a lot of details, but see if updating to Big Sur 11.2 helps.

What's new in the updates for macOS Big Sur

macOS Big Sur 11.2 improves Bluetooth reliability and fixes the following issues:

• External displays may show a black screen when connected to a Mac mini (M1, 2020) using an HDMI to DVI converter
  • Edits to Apple ProRAW photos in the Photos app may not save
  • iCloud Drive could turn off after disabling the iCloud Drive Desktop & Documents Folders option
  • System Preferences may not unlock when entering your administrator password 
  • Globe key may not display the Emoji & Symbols pane when pressed

ivan

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 8:31 AM in response to Junker92

Howdy,

There's not a lot of details, but see if updating to Big Sur 11.2 helps.

What's new in the updates for macOS Big Sur

macOS Big Sur 11.2 improves Bluetooth reliability and fixes the following issues:

• External displays may show a black screen when connected to a Mac mini (M1, 2020) using an HDMI to DVI converter
  • Edits to Apple ProRAW photos in the Photos app may not save
  • iCloud Drive could turn off after disabling the iCloud Drive Desktop & Documents Folders option
  • System Preferences may not unlock when entering your administrator password 
  • Globe key may not display the Emoji & Symbols pane when pressed

ivan

Bluetooth audio issues Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.