Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Connection Problems in macOS Monterey (2)

Hey Apple Support Community,

I am re-posting a question I posted several months ago, because there has been no response from Apple, and the issue remains for me and a lot of other people.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253327398

Here's the original question:

After upgrading to macOS Monterey recently, I have started experiencing a few issues with the bluetooth headphones I normally connect to my Mac:

• The signal stutters in and out briefly while listening to music, and this happens about once a minute or so.
  • Less frequently, the bluetooth connection drops completely, and then reconnects several seconds later.

I don't have these issues when my headphones are connected to my iPhone (iOS 14). The headphones I am using are Bose NC 700s. I have not yet tested a different bluetooth audio device, but I will update this post when I do. Also, this issue occurs even when I am stationary and sitting right next to my Mac.

Obviously this has made the experience of using bluetooth in Monterey pretty awful. Just wanted to see if anyone else is having these issues, or similar ones, and if anyone has a solution for it.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 11:34 AM

Please help! I am also experiencing this issue with my late 2015 Macbook Pro. I have two pairs of headphones that have major bluetooth connectivity issues (Sony wh-1000xm4 AND Airpods Pro). I have done ALL of the recommendations (reset the Bluetooth module, disconnected all Bluetooth devices, reset the SMC & NVRAM, removed Bluetooth files, I tried to remove AirPlay receiver from System Preferences -> Sharing, but I don’t even have Air Play Receiver option). My headphones connect to my iPhone without any issues. I use my headphones and laptop for Zoom appointments at home and they connect and disconnect after random short periods of time (although indicate they are still connected); more recently the audio has begun cutting in and out. I have to turn bluetooth on and off to get them to work which is very inconvenient when in meetings. I am VERY frustrated that the most recent update for Monterey (12.2.1) did NOT fix the issue. I'm very frustrated because I use these headphones for work and confidential meetings from home. This issue began as soon as I installed Monterrey. Please help.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2022 11:34 AM in response to ParadeChili

Please help! I am also experiencing this issue with my late 2015 Macbook Pro. I have two pairs of headphones that have major bluetooth connectivity issues (Sony wh-1000xm4 AND Airpods Pro). I have done ALL of the recommendations (reset the Bluetooth module, disconnected all Bluetooth devices, reset the SMC & NVRAM, removed Bluetooth files, I tried to remove AirPlay receiver from System Preferences -> Sharing, but I don’t even have Air Play Receiver option). My headphones connect to my iPhone without any issues. I use my headphones and laptop for Zoom appointments at home and they connect and disconnect after random short periods of time (although indicate they are still connected); more recently the audio has begun cutting in and out. I have to turn bluetooth on and off to get them to work which is very inconvenient when in meetings. I am VERY frustrated that the most recent update for Monterey (12.2.1) did NOT fix the issue. I'm very frustrated because I use these headphones for work and confidential meetings from home. This issue began as soon as I installed Monterrey. Please help.

Feb 24, 2022 11:52 AM in response to ParadeChili

I have the same problem since Monterrey! MacBook Pro early 2015. Multiple devices became incompatible and I have connectivity issues.

My headphones from anker sound core life q30 stopped working with my Mac do the the update they became incompatible. (Don't know how it's possible with bluetooth). Also my UE boom 2 speakers also are incompatible... Whilst my Xiaomi bluetooth speakers still works. Super strange!

The bluetooth issues show up while in teams or zoom. When I switch between full screens and I do something heavier then just zoom. The bluetooth stutters and suddenly the headphones become quiet no Sound and mic. I have to turn bluetooth on and off in settings for it to work again.

Happens with my airdpods 2nd gen and AirPods Pro.

Handoff copy paste and airdrop also don't work until turn off and on of bluetooth.

Restting bluetooth by deleting plists and command center actions didn't work yet. SMC reset neither.

Does anybody else experience bluetooth incompatibility issues with non apple devices? Is there a fix yet or workaround?

Feb 25, 2022 1:08 AM in response to ParadeChili

Hello,

Commented on the original post, leaving this note here, hoping it will get some traction, and Apple actually acknowledges this bug.

I have the same issue after the macOS upgrade, with 2 diferent wireless headphones (Bose QC 35 II, and AirPods gen 2). The connection simply drops in the middle of a call (Teams/Zoom), or I break out and no one in the call can hear me anymore. The sound is crackling almost all the time, and I noticed this happens mostly when my headphones are using both input/output.

Tried all the applicable workarounds, and "fixes" but nothing helped so far. It's been 3 months since the upgrade, and it has ruined the entire user experience.

Bluetooth Connection Problems in macOS Monterey (2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.