Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Waiting for activation..." Error - Messages

I'm having trouble connecting my phone number to iMessages and FaceTime on my iPhone X.

When I go into iMessage settings, it first says "Waiting for activation..." then when I click on "Send & Receive", it just says "No addresses". My phone number is there but it just has the loading symbol beside it and it doesn't ever load up to be a check mark.

I've tried restarting my phone, updating the software, turning iMessage and FaceTime off then turning them back on, signing out of my Apple ID and signing back in - nothing has worked so far.

Anyone have this happen to them before?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 2:06 PM

luvie345 wrote:

I'm having trouble connecting my phone number to iMessages and FaceTime on my iPhone X.

When I go into iMessage settings, it first says "Waiting for activation..." then when I click on "Send & Receive", it just says "No addresses". My phone number is there but it just has the loading symbol beside it and it doesn't ever load up to be a check mark.

I've tried restarting my phone, updating the software, turning iMessage and FaceTime off then turning them back on, signing out of my Apple ID and signing back in - nothing has worked so far.

Follow ALL steps here If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2021 2:06 PM in response to luvie345

luvie345 wrote:

Follow ALL steps here If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

"Waiting for activation..." Error - Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.