Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import previusly not imported camera files in FCPX?

I was ready to export a video, and it says "This media cannot be shared while referencing media still on the camera"

NOTE: The media in the project trying to export does have the camera icon on the media preview

I tried to re-import the media, and let it copy, but it made a duplicate of the file, and still would not let me export.

I tried exporting in Compressor as well, and it showed the files as "Missing Media", or played the clips with no audio, when there was audio.

Anybody have any ideas, this is a great video I need to export and save.

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 2:18 AM

I am not sure if this will work, but it is worth a try:

1) In the browser, control-click on the clips that appear to be referencing the camera and choose Reveal in Finder

2) Quit FCP

3) In the Finder, copy those clips to a different drive, and remove the originals

4) Start FCP again. The affected clips should now be missing. File->Relink Files.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 2:18 AM in response to MacUserPerson1213

I am not sure if this will work, but it is worth a try:

1) In the browser, control-click on the clips that appear to be referencing the camera and choose Reveal in Finder

2) Quit FCP

3) In the Finder, copy those clips to a different drive, and remove the originals

4) Start FCP again. The affected clips should now be missing. File->Relink Files.

How to import previusly not imported camera files in FCPX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.