Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot iPhone passcode!

Hello, I have forgotten my passcode for my old iPhone 5s I would really like to be able to go back onto it to save all of my photos. I have read that if you clear the data then it will delete my passcode. However if I do this will it delete all my photos off that iPhone? The photos are very important to me and I don’t want this to happen! If so is there any other way of getting into my iPhone? Thank

you :)

iPhone 5s

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 1:37 AM

If you can't remember a restrictions passcode that you set on a previous version of iOS, or you forgot your Screen Time passcode, then you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to ➔ How to remove the passcode. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode UNLESS your backup was created BEFORE the screen time passcode was created.

If you have updated to 13.x/14.x then follow these instructions ➔ If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 1:37 AM in response to sunset_11

If you can't remember a restrictions passcode that you set on a previous version of iOS, or you forgot your Screen Time passcode, then you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to ➔ How to remove the passcode. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode UNLESS your backup was created BEFORE the screen time passcode was created.

If you have updated to 13.x/14.x then follow these instructions ➔ If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Axel F.

Feb 2, 2021 1:59 AM in response to sunset_11

Yes the process will erase everything on the iPhone and return it to factory settings.

If you have a backup created then you can ➔ Restore Your iPhone from that backup file. If you do not have a backup file created then you will lose all your data on the iPhone.

If Photos, Messages and Contacts are synced to iCloud then you will be able to retrieve them after setting up iCloud on your iPhone after you reset the passcode and sign into iCloud.

Axel F.

Feb 2, 2021 11:04 AM in response to sunset_11

There is nothing saved on a SIM card except your carrier's information to connect to the cellular network. I assume that you do not have a computer backup of the iPhone in question. Do you use iCloud for backups? If you use iCloud for backups then you have a shot with another iPhone. You can move your SIM card to the new iPhone and log in using the same Apple ID and Password that you use for the old iPhone. You will then connect to iCloud and the photos and other data will transfer.

Axel F.

Forgot iPhone passcode!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.