Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X compatibility with OS Catalina

I have just upgraded my iMac which came with OS Catalina 10.15.6 installed. My version of Logic is 10.4.1.

When I play back a project, the audio occasionally drops out - it doesn't crash or come up with any warnings, just drops out.

I have tried it with just the built-in speakers as well as my audio interface, but the same thing happens.

Anyone know which version of Logic and Catalina are fully compatible please?.

Many Thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 8:53 AM

OK finally sorted - no help from Behringer forums, but just tried various things:

If I make sure the audio interface is switched OFF when I start up Logic, then switch it on after my project has loaded, everything works fine - no dropout.

Absolutely bizarre, but if anyone has any clue why this should be, please feel free to chip in - otherwise, if anyone else has the same/similar issue, try doing this:

1. Launch Logic with X32 switched off - Logic will use built-in sound
  2. Once project fully loaded, switch on X32 - Logic will connect automatically (or ask you if you want to use the audio interface)
  3. Fire up X32-Edit
  4. No dropout.

Cheers!

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2021 8:53 AM in response to MikeBullock

OK finally sorted - no help from Behringer forums, but just tried various things:

If I make sure the audio interface is switched OFF when I start up Logic, then switch it on after my project has loaded, everything works fine - no dropout.

Absolutely bizarre, but if anyone has any clue why this should be, please feel free to chip in - otherwise, if anyone else has the same/similar issue, try doing this:

1. Launch Logic with X32 switched off - Logic will use built-in sound
  2. Once project fully loaded, switch on X32 - Logic will connect automatically (or ask you if you want to use the audio interface)
  3. Fire up X32-Edit
  4. No dropout.

Cheers!

Logic Pro X compatibility with OS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.