Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic 10.7 - interface constantly freezing up in some projects

Hi,

I recently upgrade to Logic 10.7, and then some of my projects developed issues. Some are fine, but others have Logic constantly freezing up for 2-5 seconds at a time. The sound plays fine, but the Logic interface becomes unresponsive. It happens every few seconds, maybe a bit less during the last part of the song/project. This is a huge problem for affected projects.

I use various third-party plugins (Fabfilter, Spectrasonics, Toontrack, Kontakt Player etc.), but I removed every plugin in the project, and it didn't help. The issue is with Logic itself. I also upgraded from Catalina, to Big Sur, and then Monterey. I tried changing the I/O buffer size. The issue still persists.

Hopefully this can be addressed fairly quickly, with an upcoming patch.

I use a maxed-out Mac Mini bought new in 2020, a Focusrite Clarett 2Pre external sound card, and only use the latest drivers and software versions.

Thanks for reading.

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 7:23 AM

Thanks, I could probably search for a torrented version of 10.6.3, but that's a ridiculous predicament when you actually own the software. Apple should offer previous versions of their biggest software apps on their website, as a service for semi-pro and pro users that need things to work properly, and can't wait for a patch possibly several months down the road. Why does such basic things elude Apple?

Thanks again for the help. There seems to be many people complaining about 10.7, so hopefully there'll be a patch in the near future. Fingers crossed. :)

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2021 7:23 AM in response to Pancenter

Thanks, I could probably search for a torrented version of 10.6.3, but that's a ridiculous predicament when you actually own the software. Apple should offer previous versions of their biggest software apps on their website, as a service for semi-pro and pro users that need things to work properly, and can't wait for a patch possibly several months down the road. Why does such basic things elude Apple?

Thanks again for the help. There seems to be many people complaining about 10.7, so hopefully there'll be a patch in the near future. Fingers crossed. :)

Logic 10.7 - interface constantly freezing up in some projects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.