Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calorie tracking off

Hi, since The last upgrade of the watch the calorie tracking seems to be totally off. When I previously burned 500 to 600 cal in an hour I now do 350 to 420. The fitness machine in (elliptical) is recording 600to 700 an hour. How can I fix this?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 12:44 PM

Make sure that your information is up to date and correct in the Health app.

Age/sex/height/weight

The calculations are based on that.

Also try resetting the fitness calibration data

From your iPhone>Watch>Privacy>Reset Fitness Calibration Data>Tap this

You will just get a confirmation box that tells you that your metrics will not be as good if you do this.

Tap confirm and do it. You will get nothing else, no confirmation but it is done.

Then go for a 20 minute outdoor run or walk using the workout app at your normal speed on a flat road/path etc

This will re-calibrate the watch

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 12:44 PM in response to sibylle256

Make sure that your information is up to date and correct in the Health app.

Age/sex/height/weight

The calculations are based on that.

Also try resetting the fitness calibration data

From your iPhone>Watch>Privacy>Reset Fitness Calibration Data>Tap this

You will just get a confirmation box that tells you that your metrics will not be as good if you do this.

Tap confirm and do it. You will get nothing else, no confirmation but it is done.

Then go for a 20 minute outdoor run or walk using the workout app at your normal speed on a flat road/path etc

This will re-calibrate the watch

calorie tracking off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.