Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought new iPad connects to my WiFi but goes off after using it; have to be selecting my WiFi every time I try to use my iPad;

Bought new iPad connects to my WiFi but goes off after using it; have to be selecting my WiFi every time I try to use my iPad

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 6:22 AM

If the iPad disconnects when idle (sleep/locked) you may need to verify the your WiFi Settings for each of your configured WiFi Networks - ensuring that they are set to Auto Join:

Settings > WiFi > [WiFi Network / SSID] - tap the “i” icon - set Auto-Join to ON

Unless Auto-Join is enabled, your iPad will not automatically reconnect to the WiFi network when resuming from sleep - or when coming into range of your WiFi network.

Auto-Join is enabled/disabled for each configured WiFi network.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 6:22 AM in response to dan.rosa.payne

If the iPad disconnects when idle (sleep/locked) you may need to verify the your WiFi Settings for each of your configured WiFi Networks - ensuring that they are set to Auto Join:

Settings > WiFi > [WiFi Network / SSID] - tap the “i” icon - set Auto-Join to ON

Unless Auto-Join is enabled, your iPad will not automatically reconnect to the WiFi network when resuming from sleep - or when coming into range of your WiFi network.

Auto-Join is enabled/disabled for each configured WiFi network.

Bought new iPad connects to my WiFi but goes off after using it; have to be selecting my WiFi every time I try to use my iPad;

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.