Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External drive ejected incorrectly - Mac Mini, Big Sur, Apple Silicon

I have had this point on now since I bought my new Mac mini M1 - 512 SSD, 16 RAM, Mac Mini, Big Sur, Apple Silicon:

"Disk ejected incorrectly"

The issue is the drive has not been actually ejected! But if I am using this drive in Lightroom, for instance, Lightroom "believes" Big Sur (very gullible I must say), and quits!

¿Any hints?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 4:26 PM

I must appologise for my fellow Community members: I discovered that the external HD is on the verge of collapsing: luckily enough I have a backup copy on another HD. I am getting a new HD tomorrow.

So the case may be considered closed, as the solution boils down to HD malfunction.

Thank you all, 🙂

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 4:26 PM in response to hani7up

I must appologise for my fellow Community members: I discovered that the external HD is on the verge of collapsing: luckily enough I have a backup copy on another HD. I am getting a new HD tomorrow.

So the case may be considered closed, as the solution boils down to HD malfunction.

Thank you all, 🙂

External drive ejected incorrectly - Mac Mini, Big Sur, Apple Silicon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.