Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor Apple Watch battery life after 7.3 update

Prior to update my Apple Watch 6 battery charged very quickly and lasted more than 24 hours. Since update, I have to charge twice daily and it takes much longer. It’s under warranty, so I’m thinking about returning it. Any suggestions?

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 1:23 AM

I followed the recommendation in this link to completely erase my Watch and then re-pair, restoring from the automatic backup. Worked great. Only issues: had to manually reinstall a few of the apps I use on my faces; some of my apps took a few hours to re-install (Dark Sky kept failing initially but then was fine hours later, even appearing in it's assigned complications); consequently, for a while not all my watch faces were fully populated and functional. By later in the day, though, everything was stabilized and back to normal, including the battery life I've come to love with my Series 4.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2021 1:23 AM in response to javaliga

I followed the recommendation in this link to completely erase my Watch and then re-pair, restoring from the automatic backup. Worked great. Only issues: had to manually reinstall a few of the apps I use on my faces; some of my apps took a few hours to re-install (Dark Sky kept failing initially but then was fine hours later, even appearing in it's assigned complications); consequently, for a while not all my watch faces were fully populated and functional. By later in the day, though, everything was stabilized and back to normal, including the battery life I've come to love with my Series 4.

Poor Apple Watch battery life after 7.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.