Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer interrupted

My transfer was interrupted. I’m ready to carry on, but how do I resume? Do I need to erase the iPad and start again? And if so, does it take me through it automatically (i.e. place your iPad next to your new one...)?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 8:06 AM

These support pages should get you started with setup of your new iPad - and the methods of transferring your data from old to new iPad:

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

“Transfer” is rather a misnomer. In reality, your data and setup is merely cloned to the new device. Nothing is moved or removed from the original device.

If a transfer between devices was interrupted, the easiest solution is the reset the new iPad - and simply start again.

An alternative is to restore either an iCloud or iTunes backup to the new device:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2021 8:06 AM in response to Sarahdiver

These support pages should get you started with setup of your new iPad - and the methods of transferring your data from old to new iPad:

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

“Transfer” is rather a misnomer. In reality, your data and setup is merely cloned to the new device. Nothing is moved or removed from the original device.

If a transfer between devices was interrupted, the easiest solution is the reset the new iPad - and simply start again.

An alternative is to restore either an iCloud or iTunes backup to the new device:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Transfer interrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.