Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Persian keyboard appears incorrectly

Hello! Hope someone can help. My Dad has an iPhone 12 and is complaining that the Persian (Farsi) keyboard is inaccurate - he says it is Arabic and not Farsi. I've checked it for him and he has definitely selected Persian. However, as I don't speak/read it myself I can't verify what the issue is (although I take his word for it as a native Persian/Farsi speaker!!)

I've searched the internet and can't see that anyone else is having the same issue so I'm very confused and not sure what to suggest. Can anyone help, please?

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 8:48 PM

Could you ask your father for more details? My knowledge of Farsi is limited, but on my phone the keyboard looks like this

and it has 3 letters with 3 dots used for Farsi but not for Arabic. So I'm puzzled that he would think it is not Persian.

2 replies

Persian keyboard appears incorrectly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.