Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Australian English iOS keyboard missing ñ

Hi, I just noticed that the Australian English keyboard on my iPhone is missing ñ as a special character. This is quite annoying as it is one of the few special characters I sometimes use! This is probably the first time I have tried to use it since updating to iOS 15 back when it became available. Is this just me or is it now missing across all Aus English keyboards on iOS? If it’s not an issue with the standard keyboard, how can I fix it?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 5:48 PM

I have had the same problem on my IPad (IOS15.1) and iPhone (IOS15.0.2) since upgrading to IOS15. I solved the problem by deleting the Australian English Keyboard and replacing it with the UK English Keyboard.

Just adding the UK English keyboard didn’t work, neither did adding any Spanish Keyboards. To get ñ, or for that matter ń, back, the Australian English keyboard had to be deleted.

Bizarre.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 5:48 PM in response to swqueep

I have had the same problem on my IPad (IOS15.1) and iPhone (IOS15.0.2) since upgrading to IOS15. I solved the problem by deleting the Australian English Keyboard and replacing it with the UK English Keyboard.

Just adding the UK English keyboard didn’t work, neither did adding any Spanish Keyboards. To get ñ, or for that matter ń, back, the Australian English keyboard had to be deleted.

Bizarre.

Australian English iOS keyboard missing ñ

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.