Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 battery is decreasing 1% within every 10mins

Hi! I got an iphone 11 5days ago. I charged properly I didn’t use the phone when charging or I didn’t over charge or whatever. But today I noticed that my battery precentage is decreasing 1% within every 10mins and that didn’t happen before. Is that normal or what? HELP ME!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 8:04 PM

You can use your phone while it's charging, nothing wrong with that.

You can't 'overcharge' your phone.. there is nothing wrong with leaving it plugged in overnight, in fact I'd recommend it along with the 'Optimize Battery Charging' selection.

IMO, the worst thing you can do to your iPhone's battery is to let it down below ~15-20% on a regular basis.

Have you looked at Settings > Battery to see if it shows a certain item taking up a bunch of energy?

If it shows something that you aren't currently using, you could kill the app

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Pretty new phone, but might as well check the battery health? Should probably be 99-100%.

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

About the battery and performance of iPhone 11 and later - Apple Support

Do you have poor cellular reception? My battery drains worst when I'm at work in a clean room where there is no cell reception. If I remember, I put my phone on airplane mode when I'm in there so it's not constantly trying to connect.

Here are a couple of other articles about batteries you could review

When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2021 8:04 PM in response to gigiK257

You can use your phone while it's charging, nothing wrong with that.

You can't 'overcharge' your phone.. there is nothing wrong with leaving it plugged in overnight, in fact I'd recommend it along with the 'Optimize Battery Charging' selection.

IMO, the worst thing you can do to your iPhone's battery is to let it down below ~15-20% on a regular basis.

Have you looked at Settings > Battery to see if it shows a certain item taking up a bunch of energy?

If it shows something that you aren't currently using, you could kill the app

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Pretty new phone, but might as well check the battery health? Should probably be 99-100%.

About the battery and performance of iPhone 11 and later - Apple Support

Do you have poor cellular reception? My battery drains worst when I'm at work in a clean room where there is no cell reception. If I remember, I put my phone on airplane mode when I'm in there so it's not constantly trying to connect.

Here are a couple of other articles about batteries you could review

When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

iPhone 11 battery is decreasing 1% within every 10mins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.