Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Regarding Apple Watch Series 6 GPS capability

So Im going to get the Apple Watch Series 6 GPS version for the main use of tracking my runs and listening to tunes without carrying my phone.

I wanted to know if the GPS version of Series 6 will only track the workout but not give the route information or do I need the cellular version for getting the route information (cause it can connect to the internet without the phone).

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 3:32 AM

No you can use the GPS version and it downloads the route map via your phone,it's how I do it.

If you leave the phone at home when you've finished your workout and the watch is in range of the phone then your workout data and map are all uploaded to the fitness app on the phone.

Or you could take your phone with you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2021 3:32 AM in response to fReagas13

No you can use the GPS version and it downloads the route map via your phone,it's how I do it.

If you leave the phone at home when you've finished your workout and the watch is in range of the phone then your workout data and map are all uploaded to the fitness app on the phone.

Or you could take your phone with you.

Regarding Apple Watch Series 6 GPS capability

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.