Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung SCX-4500 missing printer driver / Big Sur OS 11.2 Mac mini M1

I bought my Samsung SCX-4500 at the Apple store a while ago and it has worked perfectly since then.

Now it appears that Apple or Samsung has not included a driver for the recent upgrade into Big Sur OS.

Does anyone know if that is final? Are they really forcing this perfectly fine pinter to the land fills?

Has anyone found universal driver for this printer? Any idea on how I can avoid having to create more landfill and forced to buy another printer?

Thank you!

Mac mini, macOS 11.0

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 9:45 AM

Hello,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

but...

I when I "add printer" the driver for SCX-4500 does not come up.... and is not listed.

Any thoughts?

I love the printer as well. It looks great and is a workhorse.

BTW, I'm also on Big Sur 11.2.2

4 replies

Feb 4, 2021 1:00 PM in response to ma77hew

The last printer driver issued for the SCX-4500 was for OS X Yosemite in 2017. That driver would clearly be incompatible with Catalina or Big Sur. There is no support from Apple's AirPrint for this device either. No one else makes a driver for this HP device, and there is no universal driver for that reason.

You have a paperweight, and time to choose a printer from those supported in Apple's AirPrint to avoid vendor abandonment again.

Mar 2, 2021 1:20 AM in response to ma77hew

- Download:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/Samsung-Xpress-SL-M2070-Laser-Multifunction-Printer-series/16450377

Select printer SL-M2070 and Catalina OS (10.15)

Samsung_Mac_10.15_Driver_V3.92.00.dmg

or later

- Mount the downloaded dmg

- Open MAC_ICDM folder

- Open ICDM.pkg and follow the installer

- Open MAC_Printer folder

- Open Printer Driver.pkg and follow the installer

- Power on and connect your printer

- Add printer, choose SCX-4500

- Follow the installer

Finally printer and scanner is working for me!

Other useful manual:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qIWK_1Xe5jFIj7AKgTu3nF4BkrZTDlXw/view

The printer and scanner both work fine for me.

This printer is the world's most beautiful, I believe. I was searching for any replacement with this feature set, but did not find any comparable model. All just look too much office style. So, I am happy that it's still working. I did replaced the LSU modul in the printer 2 years ago, as it was not working. I hope will work for another more years.

Samsung SCX-4500 missing printer driver / Big Sur OS 11.2 Mac mini M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.