Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a Samsung ML-1630 printer with a MacBook Air (M1, 2020)?

I just got a new MacBook Air from work, the 2020 version with the M1 chip and running Mac OS Monterey. My home printer, a Samsung ML-1630, worked fine with my previous Mac, a five years old MacBook Pro with Big Sur, but I cannot find a working driver for the new one. Does a working driver exist for this combination of computer/printer and where can I find one? Or is this a Monterey or an M1 problem?

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 2:52 PM

Hi,

The following discussion could perhaps be of interest to you.

Samsung ML-1640 laser printer (usb only) - Apple Community

A Samsung ML-1630 Series version 2.00.02 printer driver is listed in Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support.

10 replies

Feb 22, 2023 6:21 AM in response to Rudegar

Thank you! I still have the old MacBook Pro. Do you know if it is possible to export the old driver from that computer to the new one? I googled how to find the driver on the MacBook Pro but the Printer folder in Library, where it is supposed to be, is empty. I can't seem to find a downloadable one on any of the websites with old drivers.

Feb 22, 2023 7:41 AM in response to håkan32

the blue link I posted leads to a page where one can download the driver, not sure what it would accomplish to get a driver from an old computer it would not work better.

this link -> Samsung ML-1630 Laser Printer series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support you can choose to change OS on it to get to various versions of macOS, it's just that Lion Mac OS X 10.7 is the newest macOS they have a driver for.

Feb 22, 2023 9:12 AM in response to Rudegar

Thank you! I downloaded the driver from HP’s website but the new Mac would not let me install it, that's why I asked about this. But I suppose it would be the same result if I took it from the old Mac. And downgrading to Lion is no alternative for me.

Anyways, thanks again for your replies. I guess I just have to accept that I need to buy a new printer.

Can I use a Samsung ML-1630 printer with a MacBook Air (M1, 2020)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.