Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Samsung ML-2950 printer to new Macbook Pro

I have a new Macbook Pro with a M1 chip that I'd like to connect to my Samsung ML-2950 laser printer. So far, I haven't found an updated printer driver that will work. Anyone know of a driver that works? Thanks for any help or info!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 3:27 PM

Hi sshibel,

There are three Samsung ML-2950 models (printers now part of HP) in the About AirPrint article (mentioned by ku4hx):

• HP ML-2950DW
  • HP ML-2950ND
  • HP ML-2950NDR

An AirPrint-enabled printer is compatible with macOS. So, if your printer is one of the listed network models above, you should be able to use it without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). AirPrint works with both wired (Ethernet) and wireless connections. A printer with an Ethernet port could be connected to one of the LAN ports of the Wi-Fi router.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2022 3:27 PM in response to sshibel

Hi sshibel,

There are three Samsung ML-2950 models (printers now part of HP) in the About AirPrint article (mentioned by ku4hx):

• HP ML-2950DW
  • HP ML-2950ND
  • HP ML-2950NDR

An AirPrint-enabled printer is compatible with macOS. So, if your printer is one of the listed network models above, you should be able to use it without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). AirPrint works with both wired (Ethernet) and wireless connections. A printer with an Ethernet port could be connected to one of the LAN ports of the Wi-Fi router.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Connecting Samsung ML-2950 printer to new Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.