Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on iMovie go black after editing

When I inserted still photos to overlay video on iMovie, the photos showed up fine with the first play-through. However, when I edited the Ken Burns style on the photos, they all just show up as a black screen. I've done this before without this problem. Help, please, I'm working to deadline!

Running Catalina 10.15.7 on iMac and iMovie is 10.2.2

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 10:07 AM

Hi,

Try deleting preferences and see if that cures the problem. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

You can also try creating a new project and see if that eliminates the problem.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2021 10:07 AM in response to TheReverendMother

Hi,

Try deleting preferences and see if that cures the problem. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

You can also try creating a new project and see if that eliminates the problem.

-- Rich

Photos on iMovie go black after editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.