Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to download the macOS Mojave from the App store but I got a message saying "This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS." Any idea where I can find a working copy of Mojave?

I'm trying to download the macOS Mojave from the App store for my MacBook Pro; but I got a message saying "This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS." Any idea where I can find a working copy of Mojave?

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 1:24 PM

What the error message means is that the App Store has detected a copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app in your Applications folder.

Locate it, move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable.

Restart your mac, go back to the App Store Mojave download page.

It should now say Get or Download. Not Open as it did before.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

The download when completed should be 6.05GBs in size.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2021 1:24 PM in response to TP5001

What the error message means is that the App Store has detected a copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app in your Applications folder.

Locate it, move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable.

Restart your mac, go back to the App Store Mojave download page.

It should now say Get or Download. Not Open as it did before.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

The download when completed should be 6.05GBs in size.

I'm trying to download the macOS Mojave from the App store but I got a message saying "This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS." Any idea where I can find a working copy of Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.