Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reset iPhone 11 passcode

How do I reset the password to iPhone 11 if I forget the password

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 8:54 AM

omari195 wrote:

How do I reset the password to iPhone 11 if I forget the password

You cannot reset the password. You will need to restore your phone. Follow the instructions in the linked article:

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

2 replies

Feb 4, 2021 2:09 PM in response to omari195

So, buddy, you have a big problem right now, because if you really forgot your password you’re gonna have to reset it.

(WARNING: I DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR LOST INFORMATION, IF YOU’RE FOLLOWING THESE STEPS IT’S UNDER YOUR DISCRETION, I’M JUST TELLING YOU HOW TO DO IT, I’M NOT TELLING YOU TO DO IT).

Ok, so, if you forgot your passcode, you’re gonna have to reset it to factory settings, if you have a backup, you’re safe, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A BACKUP YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION UNLESS IT’S ON ICLOUD OR YOUR COMPUTER, THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO DO THIS, so I really hope that you have a backup.

(THESE ARE THE STEPS, REMEMBER THE WARNING):

These are the things that you need:

• Your phone.
  • A computer.
  • A compatible charging cable.

If your computer runs MacOS Catalina or MacOS Big Sur, you’re gonna reset it from Finder.

If your computer runs MacOS Mojave or earlier, or if it runs Windows, you’re gonna use iTunes to reset it.

If you have an iPhone 8, 8 Plus, iPhone X or later you will press the side button and a volume button until you can choose to power off with the slider, and power it off. Then you’re going to connect your phone to your computer, and press the side button at the same time, keep holding it until you see a charging cable pointing towards a MacBook (the recovery mode screen).

If you have an iPhone 7, 7 Plus you will press the side button until you can choose to power off with the slider, and power it off. Then you’re going to press a volume button, and connect it to your computer, keep holding it until you see the recovery mode screen.

If you have an iPhone 6s or earlier you will press the side button until you can choose to power off with the slider, and power it off. Then you’re going to press the home button, and connect it to your computer, keep holding it until you see the recovery mode screen.

Now, to restore it to factory settings:

Finder or iTunes will ask you for your iCloud passcode, after that, a pop-up will appear saying: “There is a problem with the iPhone “Your iPhone name” that requires it to be updated or restored”. Click Restore (THIS WILL ERASE ALL SETTINGS AND CONTENTS).

A new pop-up will appear saying: “Are you sure you want to restore the iPhone “Your iPhone name” to it’s factory settings? All of your media and other data will be erased, and the newest version of the iPhone software will be installed”. Click Restore and Update.

iTunes or Finder will download the newest version available for your device, and you will set it up like new, in there you can install your backup if you have one, and your phone will be ok.

Please backup your phone every now and then, and remember you password so this doesn’t happen again.

Hope this helps!

How to reset iPhone 11 passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.