Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Pro space grey paint peeling off

Hi, my 4 months old, USD4k+ space grey 16" Macbook Pro, paint job is fading / peeling off at the spot where I rest my palm frequently. Apple Tech told me it's not under warranty since it's cosmetic wear and doesn't affect performance. I'm fairly disappointed as I've paid so much and the machine is deteriorating so fast. I've called the Apple tech and they have arranged for me to send my machine to be checked at and Apple Store. But it's not guarantee and might take a while. And since I'm in a midst of an important project, I've to hang on to my machine first, and I can see as day goes by the paint job fades peels even more. I hope when I send in my machine to Apple Store in a month's time, they would still take a look at it and might warrant my machine for it.

Anyone shares the same problem as I have? I've made some research and realize in the past there are some who shared this condition as I am.

[Image Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 6:14 PM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2021 7:19 AM in response to ashingtray

ashingtray wrote:

Hi, my 4 months old, USD4k+ space grey 16" Macbook Pro, paint job is fading / peeling off at the spot where I rest my palm frequently. Apple Tech told me it's not under warranty since it's cosmetic wear and doesn't affect performance. I'm fairly disappointed as I've paid so much and the machine is deteriorating so fast.

I've called the Apple tech and they have arranged for me to send my machine to be checked at and Apple Store.

But it's not guarantee and might take a while. And since I'm in a midst of an important project, I've to hang on to my machine first, and I can see as day goes by the paint job fades peels even more. I hope when I send in my machine to Apple Store in a month's time, they would still take a look at it and might warrant my machine for it.

Anyone shares the same problem as I have? I've made some research and realize in the past there are some who shared this condition as I am.

Not sure what else you expect to hear in this user to user forum— if you want it repaired/fixed send it in

“Mac notebook, contact us and we'll send you a box you can use to ship it to an Apple Repair Center. We'll return your repaired product to you as quickly as possible. Depending on where you get service, you might be able to check the status of your repair online.” Start a service request https://support.apple.com/mac/repair/service

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209095

New MacBook Pro space grey paint peeling off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.