M2 Max 16” MacBook Pro dust in between rubber and display

I have had my M2 Max 16 MacBook Pro for about 15 days now and my OCD has been very hyperactive since it is so new. I noticed dust deep in between the rubber seal and the display today. I only use it a few hours during the day and use it when I sit on the couch to work on graduate work.

It does have AppleCare+ on it, but I am not sure if they cover adding thicker rubber seal.

Would the dust be removed with AppleCare+? Can I use a thin plastic supgger to dig it out or is anything else that I could use?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 1:50 PM

garrettfromtiffin wrote:

I have had my M2 Max 16 MacBook Pro for about 15 days now and my OCD has been very hyperactive since it is so new. I noticed dust deep in between the rubber seal and the display today. I only use it a few hours during the day and use it when I sit on the couch to work on graduate work.

It does have AppleCare+ on it, but I am not sure if they cover adding thicker rubber seal.

Would the dust be removed with AppleCare+? Can I use a thin plastic supgger to dig it out or is anything else that I could use?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/14231b87-e058-4a52-a407-be43c3707ffc

This would be considered hardware issue. Nothing can be done here on line.

Take it in for your issue

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2023 1:50 PM in response to garrettfromtiffin

garrettfromtiffin wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/14231b87-e058-4a52-a407-be43c3707ffc

This would be considered hardware issue. Nothing can be done here on line.

Take it in for your issue

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

M2 Max 16” MacBook Pro dust in between rubber and display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.