Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swipe up on iPhone 12 Pro

I’ve had an iPhone 12 Pro for a few months now and ever since I got it I’ve been struggling with “swiping up” to Home Screen on it. A high percentage of the time it will either lag to the Home Screen or open up app switcher. I had an iPhone 11 Pro before this and never had the issue. I’ve anxiously awaited every iOS 14.x release only to be disappointed they haven’t fixed it. While gorgeous, for the money, the iPhone 12 Pro is probably the worst iPhone I’ve owned since the 6.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 7:02 PM

Do you have a case on your iPhone? If yes, take it off and try it again. Also keep your finger when swiping up towards the middle of the screen, not going past the what line on either side. As to your opinion of the iPhone 12 Pro I don't really care.

2 replies

Feb 6, 2021 3:15 PM in response to deggie

Hey, thanks a lot. I took my case off and so far it seems to have resolved swiping up going to app switcher instead of home. It's so weird how things change with the same type of case from one iPhone model to the next. I definitely need a case on mine, so I'm going to try the Otterbox Aneu model and see if it works better. Unfortunately, the random lag when swiping up to home isn't any different, but hopefully that's addressed in an iOS update. As to your opinion about my opinion of the iPhone 12 Pro, I don't really care either.

Swipe up on iPhone 12 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.