Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar bringing in stranger's appointments

I recently noticed a doctor's appointment in my calendar for next Friday that I never made and never would have made. It is under a color coded category called "Misc".

Now poking around and using Spotlight Search on my computer I have found a few more similar strange appointments in January, as well as all-day items of strange people's birthdays - None of which I have added.

I myself use "Misc" a lot. When I deselect the "Misc" calendar, many of my own calendar items disappear as well as these appointments that are not mine.

Is it possible for someone's icloud to get mixed up with mine? Has anyone ever heard of this? It's kind of freaking me out.

Also, FYI Apple Support very recently had my MacBook to replace the keyboard/trackpad/battery but I can't imagine that having anything to do with this.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 7:18 AM

Following up here in case anyone else ever has this issue. I have just gotten off the phone with Apple Support. Last night I cleaned up the last several years under the "Misc" calendar category, to redefine my own items as something else, leaving any items under "Misc" as belonging to the other unknown user. Today Apple Support told me that there was some kind of outage in this area (geographically) recently that affected Calendars, and that could possibly have something to do with it. It makes sense, since the unknown user seems to have a lot of business in my neighborhood. Today we just deleted the "Misc" calendar altogether and made sure my computer security had the highest level (it does - two-factor authentication). FYI to delete one of these calendar categories, press Control and click on that category, and a short dropdown will appear that includes the option to delete. That's all I got for now.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2021 7:18 AM in response to eimilie

Following up here in case anyone else ever has this issue. I have just gotten off the phone with Apple Support. Last night I cleaned up the last several years under the "Misc" calendar category, to redefine my own items as something else, leaving any items under "Misc" as belonging to the other unknown user. Today Apple Support told me that there was some kind of outage in this area (geographically) recently that affected Calendars, and that could possibly have something to do with it. It makes sense, since the unknown user seems to have a lot of business in my neighborhood. Today we just deleted the "Misc" calendar altogether and made sure my computer security had the highest level (it does - two-factor authentication). FYI to delete one of these calendar categories, press Control and click on that category, and a short dropdown will appear that includes the option to delete. That's all I got for now.

Calendar bringing in stranger's appointments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.