Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any chance that my macbook will get installed something from repair?

Hi, I just repaired my MacBook from an unauthorized repair shop and that took several days.

I would like to ask if there is any chance that they may have installed something on my MacBook. I don't see any recently installed software, but I am wondering if it is possible to install some spyware on the hard drive.

Thank you!

MacBook

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 8:19 AM

Unless you are an international-calibre activist, the risk that repair shop hacked your Mac is extremely low.

They make their money from reputation of success with repairs, and allegations (or even a rumor) that they hack your computer while servicing would ruin their reputation.

2 replies

Feb 5, 2021 9:32 AM in response to yeojinbae

yeojinbae wrote:

Hi, I just repaired my MacBook from an unauthorized repair shop and that took several days.
I would like to ask if there is any chance that they may have installed something on my MacBook. I don't see any recently installed software, but I am wondering if it is possible to install some spyware on the hard drive.
Thank you!

No. I would not be so concerned.

Why do you pose the question, are you having an issue

Is there any chance that my macbook will get installed something from repair?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.