Maleware inspection

How do I check my Mac for Maleware?

My plan

Install the OS from a clean bootable thumb drive

Install all software from the App Store or verified sites (primarily Adobe)

I have an external drive filled with projects I or client built with Adobe software.

I would like some way to examine the drive before moving it back into the computer's hard drive.

Any advice?

iMac 27″, 10.15

Posted on May 16, 2023 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 6:49 PM

freehandvet Said:

"Maleware inspection: How do I check my Mac for Maleware? [...]I would like some way to examine the drive before moving it back into the computer's hard drive."

-------

Examining Hard Drive:

A. Use of MalwareBytes for Mac

This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac. This software has been created by Long Time Users of these Forums. So, that makes it reliable for Macs.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes uninstaller

B. See if your Hard drive is Failing:

What to Try:

• Perform the following in Recovery Mode:
  1. Boot: into Recovery ModeGo Here:  How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac- Apple Support
  2. Select: Disk Utility
  3. Select: the Drive
  4. Click: First Aid button
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2023 6:49 PM in response to freehandvet

freehandvet Said:

"Maleware inspection: How do I check my Mac for Maleware? [...]I would like some way to examine the drive before moving it back into the computer's hard drive."

-------

Examining Hard Drive:

A. Use of MalwareBytes for Mac

This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac. This software has been created by Long Time Users of these Forums. So, that makes it reliable for Macs.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes uninstaller

B. See if your Hard drive is Failing:

What to Try:

• Perform the following in Recovery Mode:
  1. Boot: into Recovery ModeGo Here:  How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac- Apple Support
  2. Select: Disk Utility
  3. Select: the Drive
  4. Click: First Aid button

Maleware inspection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.